Information and Resources
State of Texas
The Office of City Council Greg Casar
Possible Symptoms/Illness- What to do if you feel unwell
- Before scheduling an appointment with your healthcare provider or walking into a clinic, urgent care center, or hospital it is recommended that you use an alternative such as telehealth.
- Healthcare providers are encouraging all patients experiencing flu-like symptoms to first use mobile apps or visit websites that have been set up for COVID-19 response.
- For your safety and convenience, telehealth resources are available below
Online Austin Public Testing Enrollment Form is Now Available
An online assessment, from Austin Public Health, is now available for individuals. This is a Free testing option ONLY if criteria is met and is available without the need to visit a physician's office. This drive-thru service will be set by appointment only! Make an account with the following link and follow application instructions:
- Direct link to application: http://www.austintexas.gov/covid19
- For more information on this service please visit: http://www.austintexas.gov/news/online-austin-public-testing-enrollment-form-now-live
CommUnity Care is offering FREE COVID-19 testing for individuals. Symptoms must be present and test kits are limited.
- Southeast Metropolitan Park- 4511 SH 71 W, Dell Valle, TX 78617; 9 am- 4 pm Thurs.
- Hancock Center- 1000 E. 41st., Ste. 925; 8 am- 4 pm Mon.- Fri. & 9 am- 1 pm Sat.
- For more information call the COVID Hotline: (512) 978-8775 or visit the following website for future changes in times and locations: https://communitycaretx.org/newsroom.html
- Visit their website or to install the app on your mobile device, simply text BETTER to 88408 to have it sent to your phone. No appointment is needed.
- Visit their website to download the app. Use the code HOME for a $20 cost per visit, and no appointment is needed.
- Ascension Texas has established a COVID-19 hotline 1-833-919-1680, available 6 a.m. – midnight. The hotline is staffed by registered nurses who will respond to public questions and implement the most up-to-date screenings and protocols to guide patients to the most appropriate care setting, including staying at home and/or virtual options.
- Visit their website to sign-up for a free account.
- Visit their website to set-up an account or download their app. The cost of a Teladoc visit depends on your health plan, with everyday care costing less than $49.
- Visit their website to download the app. A visit on HeyDoc costs the patient between $10 and $50.
CommUnity Care Clinic
- Visit: https://communitycaretx.org/health-education/coronavirus-information.html
- Established CommUnityCare Patient, call 512-978-9015 for an appointment
- CommUnityCare patients can order their prescription to be mailed by calling 512-978-9011.
- This is a free service for CommUnityCare patients ONLY
- Central Health Southeast Health and Wellness Center at 2901 Montopolis Drive also offers curbside pickup (30-day supply)
- If prescriptions by mail is not an option, hours are as follows: Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
New Clinic Hours
Effective April 15th, the following clinics are now open with modified hours:
- Hornsby Bend Health Center-1412 Hunters Bend Road, Austin; 8 a.m. - 5 p.m on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- Del Valle Health Center-3518-A FM 973, Del Valle; 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. on Monday & Tuesday
Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, health care services at the following clinics will be suspended indefinitely:
- Austin OB Manor-1408 Shadowglen, Hwy 290, Ste. 302, Manor
- Austin OB Riverside- 2410 E Riverside Dr., Ste. G-2, Austin
- Carousel Pediatrics May’s Crossing-1201 S. IH-35, St 303, Round Rock
- Dove Springs Integral Care-5015 South IH-35, Austin
- Manor Health Center-600 W Carrie Manor St, Manor
Uninsured/no doctor with possible COVID-19 symptoms?
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline at 512-978-8775 for guidance. This number is for all Travis County residents with COVID-19 symptoms that DO NOT have insurance or a doctor.
- Do this rather than directly going to a clinic or hospital.
Texas Department of State Health Services
- Website: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- If you need help finding a doctor or accessing medical care, dial 2‑1‑1, then choose Option 6
- Call toll-free at 877-541-7905, Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., 7 days per week.
- Visit: www.211texas.org.
Central Health Medical Access Program (MAP) Eligibility - https://www.centralhealth.net/covid19/
- As of Monday, March 23rd, in-person interviews for Central Health’s Medical Access Program (MAP) have been suspended.
- All interviews will be conducted by telephone at 512-978-8130 between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
MAP applications may also be downloaded from www.centralhealth.net/covid19 in English and Spanish, completed, and submitted to Central Health in the following ways:
- By Mail: Medical Access Program, PO Box 300489, Austin TX 78703
- By Fax: 512-776-0457
- By Email: [email protected]
*Central Health is also limiting the number of people in waiting rooms and offices by adjusting scheduling practices which may result in rescheduling some appointments. Individuals without coverage will be given priority.
Virtual Care for Kids - All AISD families have access to telehealth through our partnership with Virtual Care for Kids.
- You can see a provider from the comfort of your home using a laptop, desktop computer, iPhone, Android phone, or tablet. Additionally, this service is currently waiving copays for AISD families. To take advantage of these services you must first register at my.austnisd.org
- To be seen by a provider, visit https://urgentcarekids.com/pediatric-
*For more information on Virtual Care for Kids telehealth in Austin ISD visit https://urgentcarekids.com/aisd/.